Goals and topics of the sprint
- Now that we have released 1.5, the sprint itself is going to be mainly working on fixing issues reported by various users. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- fixing issues in the bug tracker
- improve cpyext, the C-API compatibility layer, to support more extension modules
- finish/improve/merge jitypes2, the branch which makes ctypes JIT friendly
- general JIT improvements
- improve our tools, like the jitviewer or the buildbot infrastructure
- make your favorite module/application working on PyPy, if it doesn't yet
- Of course this does not prevent people from showing up with a more precise interest in mind If there are newcomers, we will gladly give introduction talks.
- Since we are almost on the beach, we can take one day off for summer relaxation and/or tourist visits nearby :-).
Exact timesThe work days should be 27 June - 2 July 2011. People may arrive on the 26th already and/or leave on the 3rd.
Location & AccomodationBoth the sprint venue and the lodging will be at Albergo Puppo in Genova-Pegli, Italy. Pegli is a nice and peaceful little quarter of Genova, and the hotel is directly on the beach, making it a perfect place for those who want to enjoy the sea in the middle of the Italian summer, as a quick search on Google Images shows :-)
The place has a good ADSL Internet connexion with wireless installed. You can of course arrange your own lodging anywhere but I definitely recommend lodging there too.
Please confirm that you are coming so that we can adjust the reservations as appropriate. The prices are as follows, and they include breakfast and a parking place for the car, in case you need it:
Please register by hg:
- single room: 70 €
- double room: 95 €
- triple room: 105 €